D2 Workflow Comments

Options

Hello!

I'm trying to locate the comments which the task users enter when they accept/ reject a task in D2 workflows.

I want to include those comments in the email alert which is sent to the next performer.

So far I'm unable to find where those comments are stored which we get to see from the TaskNotes widget in D2. I've made those comments mandatory in both reject and accept tasks.

Please help me out.

Comments

• imranganath
    edited November 8, 2019 #2
    Options

Alright, I was investigating this a bit more and eventually found that all these comments are being stored under /Resources/

This query gets the note_id(s) of all the comments made for that workflow:

select r_package_id, r_note_id, r_note_writer from dmi_package where r_workflow_id = '';

I'm now wondering if this note can somehow be included in the email alert that's configured in D2 Mail.

This KB article gives some insight into what are possible $value parameters but there's no mention of this comment/ note which would be good to share in the email for the next performer:

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/kcs/kbarticle/view/KB10253712

Any comments ?

• Alright, i did some investigation and found that dmi_package has the information related to the note related to the workflow ID.

Here's the query which gives the note_id:
    select r_package_id, r_note_id, r_note_writer from dmi_package where r_workflow_id = '';

But then all these notes are saved as a text file under /Resources/

I'm now wondering how's it possible to add the notes provided by previous performer to the next one ?

I also followed this KB article where there's a list of $value parameters which can be used to configure in the mail notification but there's no other information regarding the notes/ comments:

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/kcs/kbarticle/view/KB10253712

Let me know if anyone has got better ideas

• Sounds like a design gap. I would submit a support ticket to confirm. If this wasn't D2 (ie normal content server notification), you could extend dm_event_sender.ebs to query and retrieve the notes content.

• Thanks Johnny!

I’ve submitted the ticket already. I’ll post updates after I get to hear from OT.
  • comments are not stored as attributes, rather as content. So you cannot directly use queries with $value to get the results. You will need to extract the content using some auto-activity method first and store it as attrib and then use them in your $value for the next step or even to construct your emails.
    Also possible using a plugin.

Syed Haque
    OpenText