How about changing report title?

Options
lpurba
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi all,I have kind of similar question with Fred ("Change the header of a table..."), but I want to change report title.I know I can that title by extract viewservlets.jar, and go to orgeclipsebirtreportresourceMessage.properties.Is there anyway we can change it other than accessing the above file?Thanks!-Laurent

Comments

• rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Laurent,One approach to changing the title within a report could be to use the Master Page to display the title you want on every page except the first. Then have a Grid with a label in the top row that shows the title you want on the first page. The message.properties file you reference is a configuration file for the example Web Viewer. If you are looking at changing the title within the banner of the web viewer, this is the proper place to change it.Rob
  • lpurba
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    Hi Rob,Again thanks for your advice.Actually, what I want is to change the banner of web viewer.I have different question, I don't know whether I have to create a new thread or not.Anyway, I am getting this error:PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext evaluateSEVERE: invalid flag after regular expression (<inline>#1)org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: invalid flag after regular expression (<inline>#1) at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.runtimeError(DefaultErrorReporter.java:95) at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.error(DefaultErrorReporter.java:82)......I tried google it but couldn't find the answer. Is this because of my beforeOpen method; below is my beforeOpen method:AccountId = reportContext.getParameterValue("AccountId");if (AccountId != '' && AccountId != null) { queryString = "SELECT * FROM proc_name1('param1') WHERE account_id = " + "'" + AccountId + "'"; this.queryText = queryString; }CompanyName = reportContext.getParameterValue("CompanyName");if (CompanyName != '' && CompanyName != null) { queryString = "SELECT * FROM proc_name2('param2') WHERE company_name ILIKE '%" + CompanyName.replace("'", "''") + "%'"; this.queryText = queryString; }FullName = reportContext.getParameterValue("FullName");if (FullName != '' && FullName != null) { queryString = "SELECT * FROM proc_name3('param3') WHERE full_name ILIKE '%" + FullName.replace("'", "''") + "%'"; this.queryText = queryString; }Once again, thanks.Regards,-Laurent
  • rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    Laurent,<br />
    The problem looks to be with the assignment of queryString. Check out the code here for defining or changing a query using script.<br />
    <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=176'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=176</a><br />
    <br />
    Rob