Documentum error

Options
kjimenez
edited January 30, 2009 in Documentum #1

When trying to view a particular document I get the following error...

invokeMethod() failed while calling:  onReturnFromProgress
Operation failed :  com.documentum.ucf.common.contentregistry.RegistryException: Failed to skip  attachment stream : Operation failed :  com.documentum.ucf.common.contentregistry.RegistryException: Failed to skip  attachment  stream
com.documentum.ucf.common.contentregistry.RegistryException: Failed to  skip attachment stream

Anyone know what would cause this? Is the document corrupt? I can view all other documents. I just took over system support for Documentum so I am new to troubleshooting these issues. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited January 1, 2009 #2
    Options

Could you try to copy the document and then view the copy, if it works, you could get rid of the original and rename the copy.

Before removing the original, check if it is used in relations or this kind of stuff and if it is, change them to point to the copy

• kjimenez
    edited January 5, 2009 #3
    Options

No dice. I copied and moved it, and both times I received the same error.

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited January 6, 2009 #4
    Options

You could try to check it out, create a new document and check it in from file selecting the checked out file and then remove the old document

• sbickle
    edited January 6, 2009 #5
    Options

This looks like it might be a UCF error on your client machine. Try another machine to see if this is the problem. If it is you can try deleting the UCF folders in the users Documents and Settings folder.

Steve

• Kashif
    edited January 15, 2009 #6
    Options

I was having the same problem with a word document. Here is how i resolved this issue.

1- Exported the document to my desktop.

2- Made a minor change to the document like adding a space and then saved it.

3- Imported the document into the same folder.

• kjimenez
    edited January 30, 2009 #7
    Options

Initially I was able to delete local UCF files and it solved the issue for one user. however since then this has been occuring way more frequently. I have also tried accessing files people had trouble accessing on a fresh machine with no luck.

I am using Webtop to connect to the repositories, is it possible that this has something to do with Webtop cache?

I tried to clear cache a week ago and it caused more issues than it solved. Does anyone have experience on how to safely clear dmcl cache?

All I did was look for dmcl folders and delete. Let me know. Thanks.

• sbickle
    edited January 30, 2009 #8
    Options

Some versions of DFC co not recreate the dmcl folder if you delete it, so now I just clear the contents of the dmcl folders to avoid causing a problem.