RPS-Disposition Workflow

Options
menaka
edited November 17, 2009 in Documentum #1

Hi All,

I had created a sample  retention policy  that has

Requires Approval attribute selected.while selecting Route for approvel option in Disposition manager i am  getting the start disposition workflow screen ..but it is not listing any workflows.(even the default sampledispositionworkflow). whereas i  am getting all the workflows listed when i select a document in normal my  Home cabinet or start workflow option..my Question is.. is disposition workflow different from normal workflow?? or any specific role is required for user or any where do we need to register workflows for making it  available in disposition workflow screen ???

Note:User i used for testing is having ..dm_rps_retentionmanger ,dmc_rm_records manger role.

Thanking you in advance...

Best Answer

• kateshaw
    edited November 17, 2009 #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, as you suspect Disposition Workflows are different from regular ones in that additional configuration steps are required to make them available through the Route For Approval link in Disposition Manager.

The following steps should be performed to complete the configuration (changing the workflow name as necessary):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Find the id for the disposition workflow that you want to use. Its recommend you use IAPI as the install owner (its also recommend you do this from the Content Server for your repository. This must be done after the DAR files are installed.

API> retrieve,c,dm_process where object_name = 'SampleDispostionWorkflow'
    4b003e8180000776

2) Retrieve the RPS Configuration object

API> retrieve,c,dmc_rps_configuration
    08003e818000090b

3) Register workflow with RPS Config object (use the Disposition Workflow ID returned in step 1) and save the RPS Config object.

API> append,c,l,disposition_workflow_ids
    SET> 4b003e8180000776  
    OK
    API> save,c,l
    OK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This information can also be found:

https://community.emc.com/message/332996 and https://community.emc.com/message/333027. It is also in the Release Notes for RPS and RM 6.5 SP2.

I hope this helps,

Kate

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited September 15, 2009 #3
    Options
    Does your user have at least RELATE permissions on the disposition workflow?  If not, this would explain why the user cant see the workflow.
  • menaka
    edited September 16, 2009 #4
    Options
    Hi Johnny.. thanks for ur response..but  the user is the owner of the workflow and the workflow is available in normal start workflow option.. i am not getting any workflows in disposition manager in RPS when i select route for approval option. is disposition workflow different from normal workflow???
  • kateshaw
    edited November 17, 2009 #5 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, as you suspect Disposition Workflows are different from regular ones in that additional configuration steps are required to make them available through the Route For Approval link in Disposition Manager.

The following steps should be performed to complete the configuration (changing the workflow name as necessary):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Find the id for the disposition workflow that you want to use. Its recommend you use IAPI as the install owner (its also recommend you do this from the Content Server for your repository. This must be done after the DAR files are installed.

API> retrieve,c,dm_process where object_name = 'SampleDispostionWorkflow'
    4b003e8180000776

2) Retrieve the RPS Configuration object

API> retrieve,c,dmc_rps_configuration
    08003e818000090b

3) Register workflow with RPS Config object (use the Disposition Workflow ID returned in step 1) and save the RPS Config object.

API> append,c,l,disposition_workflow_ids
    SET> 4b003e8180000776  
    OK
    API> save,c,l
    OK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This information can also be found:

https://community.emc.com/message/332996 and https://community.emc.com/message/333027. It is also in the Release Notes for RPS and RM 6.5 SP2.

I hope this helps,

Kate