inline command db connection fails

Options
System
System Administrator
edited July 16, 2021 in TeamSite #1
Hello,

I'm using the inline command to pull some records from a database and using substitution to populate options in a select element for a DCR element. Initially, I did the db connect, querying and return using cgi-callouts, but I thought having inline command and skipping the extra button click would be better.

My problem is that my perl script (.ipl) for the cgi-callouts connects to my oracle database, and performs great. I'm using the DBI and DBDSmiley Surprisedracle modules. and my code is something like this.
use DBI;
$dbh= DBI->connect("$db", $username, $auth)
|| die 'Database connection not made: $DBI->errstr';
However, when I use the same code for my inline command, the db connect fails. The error on the server side is that "the dynamoci link library oci.dll could not be found in the specified path d:\Program files\interwoven\teamsite\iw-perl\site.;c:\winnt\system32;c:\winnt\system;c:\winnt;."
And the error displayed on the template window is:
Templating Error Page
A MessageException was thrown: com.interwoven.clientutils100.TMessageException: Error building the requirements for java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@6489f0: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'd:\PROGRA~1\INTERW~1\Teamsite\iw-perl\site\lib/MSWin32-x86/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD:Smiley Surprisedracle: load_file:The specified module could not be found at d:\PROGRA~1\INTERW~1\Teamsite\iw-perl\lib/MSWin32-x86/DynaLoader.pm line 169. at (eval 1) line 3 Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected at d:/PROGRA~1/INTERW~1/Teamsite/httpd/iw-bin/inline_datacapture_callout.ipl line 30

Are there some differences in how to implement these db connections that I'm not aware of. I would appreciate any insight and information.

Thank you very much.

Comments

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs