Retriev data from database to show in editor content Item.

Options

Hello,

do you know how i configure a drop down list to show data from database when i edit a content item?

When i create a new contentType i want that an attribute is filled out from a value that comes from a table in the database. Do you know how i can do that?

Best Regards and Thanks

Comments

• Read the manual for FormAPI.

That will tell you how to have dynamic lists. You will also need to lean about call server implementations, That will run the on server and open a connection to the DB, which will then return the data back to FormAPI and change the pull down.

• Thank you Andy.

I've read the Form API guide and Content Template developer guide. I didn't find a way to get the connection to the database. Can you point me how to do it? There is a sample that explains that?

Best Regards and Thanks

• That piece you have to code. The callserver will kick off a process on the TS server (Perl/Java/any executable). Decide what you want to code in, have it read the DB, for the correct JS response and send that data back to FormAPI.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs