Trusted login to Worksite

Options
System
System Administrator
When logging onto Worksite and clicking the 'trusted logon' option does this imply that you are then authenticated to Worksite using your network credentials via NTLM or Kerberos based authentication ?

I am trying to integrate with Worksite and need to automate the logon process and ideally want users to be authenticated to the system using their network credentials, is this possible ?

Thanks

Robm

Comments

• Trusted login will work for both NT Domain and LDAP users. Users must be imported using DBAdmin. The WorkSite server property must be set to "Accept Trusted Authentication"

Regards

PaulSC
  • Thank you for the reply to this question. When you say that the users must be imported using DBAdmin, do you mean that the NT Domain users ( and their credentials ! ) must be imported into Worksite ? Is it enough to simply import the usernames or do passwords also need to be imported ?

Once imported I assume that users will be automatically connected once their NT Domain name has been verified, is this correct ?

Thanks

Robm
  • Hello,

You must at least import the users as either NT Domain or LDAP users. You can set the password to be different from the domain password as this is not used in trusted login. Yes you are right, once the imported they will be automatically imported.

Regards

PaulSC
  • Thanks again for the feedback.

Do you know if the trusted login facility supports connecting to Worksite through the iManage.NRTDMS API.

Basically we have an ASP page that is trying to connect to Worksite through this interface and at the moment we have to supply a username and password to login through this interface. If trusted login is set could this ASP page, if launched by the user, bypass the need to login to Worksite as they would be authenticated via the trusted login route ?

regards

Robm
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs