How to get call out result in to dcr form?

Options
I have a call out that shows to the user a dropdown list , so that he can choose a country. After that , he should click the button to terminate the process .... and this is my problem . How does the value goes from the java class , into the correspondent dcr text field ? What java code should I add to the swing button so that the selected value goes into the dcr ? Thanks a lt

Comments

• Have you looked at the example callouts in IWHOME/local/config/java-callout-api/com/interwoven/dc100/api/IWDataCaptureShouting(Everywhere)Callout.java? Those two files are the best starting point. If you have looked at them, but you still have questions, can you be more specific?

Hope this helps.
    -- James
  • Hi,
    I'm also having problems in the same way as darkwalker.
    A snippet of my code:

import javax.swing.*;
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;

public class ViewURLCallout implements IWDataCaptureCallout
    {
    public void setParams(IWDataCaptureCalloutParams params) {
    //no parameters
    }

public void start(IWDataCaptureRootNode root, IWDataCaptureObject object, JFrame frame)
    {
    final JComboBox dropdown = new JComboBox();
    dropdown.addItem("UK");
    dropdown.addItem("USA");
    dropdown.addItem("Portugal");

frame.getContentPane().add(dropdown);
    frame.pack();
    frame.show();

return;
    }
    }

So... how can I know what was the selected option in the pulldown ? everytime I add a listener to the pulldown, the java window doesn't even appear when I press the call out button.

I already did the example that you talk about, but that example does handle user input...

Thanks in davance,

--
    Duarte Cordeiro
    Neoris Pootugal
  • If you never see your pulldown when you click the callout button, then can you create a new JFrame instead of using the one passed in?

-- James

--
    James H Koh
    Interwoven Engineering
  • I have tried that , but the result is the same even with my own JFrame Smiley Sad . Any other idea .... i am desperate
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs