Obsolete Image Policies.

Options
System
System Administrator
edited July 20, 2021 in TeamSite #1
First, greetings to all MediaBin User Group Members. I'm very excited about this forum and sharing.

Would anyone be willing to share their strategy for obsolete assets? Is obsolete determined by the asset owner on an as needed basis; predetermined when the asset is added to MediaBin; determined by the length of time in the application irregardless of the content of the asset; or any other method?

In addition, are the assets deleted from MediaBin or are they deleted from MediaBin and moved to an off-line storage option?

Kim Sievers
Manager, Visual Services
Deere & Company
1300 19th Street, Suite 190
East Moline, IL 61244
309-765-4834
sieverskimd@johndeere.com

Comments

• Hello Kim,

Thank you for contributing a good question to this new forum! Sorry that you were unable to attend GearUp in Florida this week - our "MediaBin UserGroup" meeting was well attended and lasted for nearly two hours.

FYI, I've forwarded the link to this thread to an internal Interwoven list dealing with technical MediaBin questions, which I'll augment with a plea to monitor this forum and contribute ideas.

On your actual question - most of the customers I've spoken to on this topic tackle obsolete assets using a combination of asset metadata values (dates or status items) and custom scripts that move obsolete items to an alternate folder hierarchy within the MediaBin system.

I believe we also have a feature request or two on our lengthy to-do list that relate to this broader question - and also to how the underlying asset data (metadata, and asset revisions) is dealt with.

-- brian
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs