Documentum rest: Create object of a document with null supertype

Options
sergioSepe
edited March 14, 2023 in Documentum #1
Hello,we are trying to create with postman objects that do not inherit from dm_document but from NULL and we get this error
http://rhel7:8080/dctm-rest/repositories/CCE_ARCHIVO/folders/0cf4240180000107/documents 
{"properties":
{"total_tratados":"8",
"r_object_type":"inem_do_etep_control_ci"
}}
------>
{ "status": 400, "code": "E_CREATE_OBJECT_WITH_WRONG_TYPE",
"message": "Only dm_document is allowed to be created in this collection.",
"id": "f96ab63f-c826-4c0a-92a4-e9aabe66caHello,
we are trying to create with postman objects that do not inherit from dm_document but from NULL and we get this error.

Hello,
we are trying to create with postman objects that do not inherit from dm_document but from NULL and we get this error.

http://rhel7:8080/dctm-rest/repositories/CCE_ARCHIVO/folders/0cf4240180000107/documents

"properties": "total_tratados":"8", "r_object_type":"inem_do_etep_control_ci"

------> "status": 400,"code": "E_CREATE_OBJECT_WITH_WRONG_TYPE","message": "Only dm_document is allowed to be created in this collection.",

Is there any way to create objects of types whose supertype is NULL?

Comments

• I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do here… What is the business requirement?

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• As the message says you cannot link such objects to folders or cabinets. Only sysobjects have the capability to be linked to folders. As @Pedro Maia said, what's the requirement? I would generally advise against objects types with NULL supertype as there is no security whatsoever associated with them (e.g. anyone can read/write/delete such objects).

• Hello again and thanks for your answers.

we are trying to migrate our applications from dfcs to rest, our problem is that we have custom types that inherit from null, that is, they do not inherit from any supertype. Through dfcs we've never had any problems, but we can't create objects in those custom types through rest, we get the error that I attached above.

So, Is there a way to use these custom types via rest?

Thanks again, and regards.

• I don^t think that this is supported. The objects and folders resources are specifically desgined for sysobjects. I suggest that you open a ticket with support to confirm this. If it is confirmed, you could extend Documentum REST to add this resource. Checkout the development guide for details.

• Hi, this is the official answer from opentext , in case it can help other users:

The creation of the type which has NULL parent is not supported. Actually, the non-sysobject is not supported, except there are dedicate resource for it, e.g. user, format resource.

The "folder objects" resource where you are trying to create the object, is for any sysobject or its child type object.

To support this operation, you need to implement a custom resource to create non-sysobject.

Regards