Call external web service process before destroy the document in RPS dispotion job

ZTA
ZTA Member
edited May 4, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi, RPS Experts:

I am looking for a solution in the RPS disposition (run the disposition job) so that an external process (through web service call) can be launched to clean data in another database related to the document to be disposed. If the external process failed (returned by the web service call), then the document will be hold and an alert email should be sent to administrator.

I am working on a TBO to override the doDestroy() method but not sure if that is the right way to complete the requiremet.

Also, what I can think of is to customize the dmc_rps_TerminalDispositionJob job method by decompile the code. I am wondering any other RPS practitioners have done this way.

Your help is appreciated.     

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DCTM_Guru
    DCTM_Guru Member
    edited May 2, 2016 #2 Answer ✓

You could try to do TBO, but since RPS is privilege client, there might be some weird aspects that might get applied and interfere with TBO logic.

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    DCTM_Guru Member
    edited May 2, 2016 #3

Do you have disposition workflow set up?  If you do, you can insert this an additional activity in the WF.

• ZTA
    ZTA Member
    edited May 2, 2016 #4

Johnny, thank you for quick response suggestion. We do not have workflow configured for the disposition. All are simple with a strategy "Destroy all" as out of box. The system jobs dmc_rps_QualificationJob, dmc_rps_PromotionJob, and dmc_rps_DispositionJob are activated and automatically delete the documents when the objects' retention active phase duration periods are due (final phase duration is set to 0 days. The jobs works fine in destroying the files as expected.

I saw some discussion in this community mentioned to customize the retainer's  lifecycles out of box. But they seemed encounter a lot difficulties and i am not sure if they finally succeeded.

• DCTM_Guru
    DCTM_Guru Member
    edited May 2, 2016 #5 Answer ✓

You could try to do TBO, but since RPS is privilege client, there might be some weird aspects that might get applied and interfere with TBO logic.

• ZTA
    ZTA Member
    edited May 2, 2016 #6

Johnny, thank you for your suggestion. I did experienced the weird aspects with TBO when I was overriding the "doSave" method to automatizing attaching the rps policy to the customized object type. Hope the destroy behaviour would be easier. Will update to the ticket when I have a workable solution.

• bacham2
    bacham2 Member
    edited May 4, 2016 #7

In my opinion, Johnny's initial suggestion to go with a disposition workflow is the way to go.

If you use a TBO, you create a tight coupling between Documentum and your other system. This is bad design.

• Apologies for unrelated question but can the dmc_rps_PromotionJob and dmc_rps_DispositionJob be made to run for specific RPS policies instead of running it for the entire system?