Docbase is not running DM_SESSION_I_RETRYING_DATABASE_CONNECTION

Options
Hi all, 
I have tried to change the database for content server and I can connect through sqlplus and I cannot run the docbase and while starting the docbase throwing error like this 

2020-07-16T05:20:02.139344      12804[12804]    0000000000000000        [DM_SESSION_E_CANT_MAKE_TEMP_CONNECTION]error:  "Could not establish an internal, temporary database connection (database_name = , docbase_owner = test_docbase, connection_string = orcl); database system error was: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied"

Please help me to resolve this!

Comments

• crazytraveller
    edited July 16, 2020 #2
    Options
    Can you place plain text password in dbpasswd.txt($DOCUMENTUM/dba/config/<repo>) and see if that works?
  • Hi @crazytraveller
    Yes I have tried this and getting the following error

Thu Jul 16 06:09:09 2020[DM_STARTUP_W_DOCBASE_OWNER_NOT_FOUND] *** warning *** : The database user, test_docbase as specified by your server.ini is not a valid user as determined using the system password check api.   This will likely severly impair the operation of your docbase.
    2020-07-16T06:09:09.257921      13932[13932]    0000000000000000        [DM_SESSION_W_DB_PASSWORD_FILE_OWNER]warning:  "The database password file, (/opt/apps/dctm/dba/config/test_docbase/dbpasswd.txt), is readable by other users."

Last SQL statement executed by DB was:

• Verify if the permission of file is as below:

-rw-------. 1 dmadmin dmadmin 109 Jul 13 10:14 ./dba/config/ep7repo1/dbpasswd.txt
  • Hi @crazytraveller
    That s the waring only and I have changed like you mentioned and no effect :(
  • Mani Ranganathan
    edited July 17, 2020 #6
    Options
    This issue got resolved!
    What I did:
    The main problem of the issue is I am trying to change the database to RDS instead of local, So I created the same username and different password from source and I have migrated data from source to target RDS through Database Migration Service(DMS) then I tried to connect the RDS in documentum server, in this I was facing the above error

Solution:
    1. add the RDS host in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
    2.test the connection with sqlplus
    3.change DATABASE_CONN the server.ini inside the /dctm/dba/config/<repo name>/server.ini as the new tartget host added in the tnsnames.ora
    5.I have changed the Target database username and password as the source.
    4. Started the docbase and it was successfully started!!!

Thanks Everyone who helping on this to resolve the issue!! :blush:
  • Thanks Mani for sharing with the community.
  • Hello Mani

Where did you change the below

"5.I have changed the Target database username and password as the source."

• @mitraSoumya - see step 3:

3.change DATABASE_CONN the server.ini inside the /dctm/dba/config/<repo name>/server.ini as the new tartget host added in the tnsnames.ora