Accidentally change my permission set in my test environment

Options
Hi I accidentally change my privilege from superuser - none - system administrator TO superuser - view audit - contributor in my test environment. Is there any way I can change it back as I lost my superuser /admin privilege. I don't have any system admin/superuser account available in my Test environment. Thanks . 

Comments

• Do you mean even installation owner doesn't have superuser privileges?
  • You can ask your DBA to change the client_privilege and client_capability values in the actual DB and this will fix it.
  • Do you mean even installation owner doesn't have superuser privileges?
    Hi , Yes. That's why I can't change it using DQL. Do you have any advise? I am using my VM as my Test Environment.  When I try to change in DQL I encounter this: 

[DM_QUERY_E_UPDATE_USER]error: "You must have SYSADMIN or SUPERUSER privilege to update or create user

Thank you. 
  • DCTM_Guru said:
    You can ask your DBA to change the client_privilege and client_capability values in the actual DB and this will fix it.
    Hello, Appreciate your advise. However this is my VM and I tried to change using DQL but since I lost the permission I receive this error : 

[DM_QUERY_E_UPDATE_USER]error: "You must have SYSADMIN or SUPERUSER privilege to update or create user

Thank you. 
  • DCTM_Guru
    edited July 24, 2020 #6
    Options
    When I said ask your DBA, I was implying to run SQL (not DQL).  DQL will always check permissions before performing any actions against objects.  If you update the underlying database table directly, you just need to have SA or db owner permissions.
  • DCTM_Guru said:
    When I said ask your DBA, I was implying to run SQL (not DQL).  DQL will always check permissions before performing any actions against objects.  If you update the underlying database table directly, you just need to have SA or db owner permissions.
    Hello thanks for your help , I changed the client capability and extended privilege using SQL and it works. this case is closed. Thank you so much!