Determining which codes on sap have BWS on opentext

Options

Hello everyone, there was a topic that I was curious about. Is there an area where I can see in bulk which codes on our SAP system have their BWS opened in Opentext and which ones don't, if not opened? For example, I can easily create the BWS of the material via the t-code mm03. So, I think SAP can easily query this. Is it possible for me to view whether the BWS is opened or not on Opentext over a table that includes all material codes in the system?

Thank you,

Answers

• appuq
    Options

you might try posting this here https://forums.opentext.com/forums/developer/categories/cs-Enterprise-Library-Services

@Karen Weir

or you might try to see if there is a SAP-dedicated forum as well.

This forum deals with the Smart View in CS.

In the CS interface if you are allowed to open Extended ECM and then its Workspaces you will see all the configured BWS Types from SAP(or any leading application like Maximo, SalesForce, Success Factors, Microsoft Dynamics, etc). Essentially SAP when you say mm03 what happens is ABAP code sends a SOAP request to create a workspace(in this particular case I am also familiar with MM03, but I am not familiar with all the configured ones ) The Soap request will succeed only if the BWS setup is done in CS.

PS: SAP uses SOAP newer applications use REST for the same thing…

• Karen Weir
    Options

Thanks @appuq

@maryx , I have moved your post to our Extended ECM category as suggested. I will also look in our My Support Community for a place where you will reach more experts.

• LYMUD
    Options

As @appuq mentioned it is quite simple to check which BWS types are configured.

If you meant for each individual workspace object then you will probably need to query your OTCS database instead.